Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register for an API key?
- Register for a key by 1) clicking on the "Get an API Key" link in the right rail module on any page on the Fandom API Wiki or 2) going directly to the Special:ApiGate/register URL.
- You will be prompted to log in your Fandom account before being directed to the Key Request Form (if you were already logged in, you will see the Key Request Form immediately). After completing and submitting the form, you will be presented with your new key.
- Can I register for multiple keys?
- Yes! When you are logged in to your Fandom account, you can register for more keys and they will be tracked within the same account. If you would like to register keys under another account, complete the Key Request Form while logged in to the account of choice.
- How can I keep track of my keys?
- If you have registered for a key while logged in to a Fandom account, you can access your own API Control Panel, which lists all of the keys associated with the logged in account. Clicking on a key in the list will open a page with two tabs; the first tab allows you to change a key's nickname and your contact information, and the second tab allows you to monitor your key's usage stats.
- Who do I contact for technical support?
- Do not hesitate to email the Fandom API team at email@example.com.