Since Fandom wikis is built on top of MediaWiki, the MediaWiki API can be used to access most of the data on our sites. In addition, the LyricWiki API gives access to LyricWiki and the Fandom Custom API provides access to many of our wiki-specific features (LatestPhotos, etc.).
MediaWiki API DocumentationEdit
The MediaWiki API is built into every wiki that runs MediaWiki (whether on Fandom or elsewhere, such as Wikipedia). It gives functionality for interacting with articles in a way that covers many use-cases.
- On MediaWiki.org: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Main_page
- On any wiki, visit "api.php" to view raw documentation.
- On any wiki, visit "Special:ApiExplorer" to view browsable documentation.
LyricWiki API Documentation Edit
The LyricWiki API is specific to accessing LyricWiki. It allows you to pass in an artist, song name, or album, and find the page that matches it (it's very forgiving on incorrect spelling and nicknames, etc.). For legal reasons, the API is not allowed to provide full-lyrics at the moment. It currently provides a fair-use sample (to verify that the match is correct) and a link to the page where the full lyrics can be viewed.
- LyricWiki API
- LyricWiki API/REST - REST-like API (could also be considered similar to XML-RPC)
- LyricWiki API/SOAP - SOAP API (includes links to example code in multiple languages).
Client Libraries Edit
There are client libraries in many languages for these APIs. Please refer to the Client libraries page for more information & a support matrix.