1 Read our API docs
3 Build, test, and go!
What is FANDOM?
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand whose mission is to make fans better fans. Powered by fan passion, FANDOM provides the deepest level of entertainment knowledge possible, insider stories, the latest news, and a home for fans to engage and share their love for pop culture with others. As the largest entertainment fan site in the world, FANDOM has a global audience of over 175 million monthly uniques (Quantcast 2017) representing more than 360,000 communities and fandoms.
FANDOM features a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content—from data to images—on any topic and in any language.
We currently support the following APIs:
- Content API - Provides access to articles, search and media files.
- MediaWiki API - Since FANDOM wikis are built on top of MediaWiki, the MediaWiki API can be used to access most of the data on our websites.
- LyricWiki API - Provides access to LyricWiki.
You can find all the documentation on these APIs on our Documentation page.
Here's the gist of it:
- If you intend to use our API methods for commercial use, you need prior written approval. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the ball rolling.
- Except where otherwise specified, FANDOM's content is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0). It is your responsibility to understand and adhere to the license.
- Do not use our APIs in a manner that impacts the stability of FANDOM's servers or impacts the behavior of other applications using our APIs.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion and at any time without notice to you, to change, suspend, or discontinue the APIs, or terminate your rights to access them.
- Our APIs are being provided free of charge, so FANDOM will have no liability arising from or based on your access to and use of the APIs.
- Although you are free to make public statements regarding your use of the API, you may not imply that you and FANDOM have some sort of special relationship (employer-employee, partnership, or joint venture) without FANDOM's prior written consent.
- And last but not least, please don't use our APIs to violate any laws or regulations.
So go on, play nice, and of course, have fun! If you have any questions about FANDOM's APIs, email us at email@example.com.