Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
1 Read our API docs
3 Build, test, and go!
What is Fandom?
Fandom is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content—from data to images—on any topic and in any language. The Fandom network of wikis now boasts over 3 million registered users on over 275,000 wikis, along with over 57 million monthly global visitors.
It goes without saying that we have A LOT of stuff you can use.
We currently support the following APIs:
- Content API - Provides access to articles, search and media files.
- MediaWiki API - Since Fandom wikis are built on top of MediaWiki, the MediaWiki API can be used to access most of the data on our websites.
- LyricWiki API - Provides access to LyricWiki.
You can find all the documentation on these APIs on our Documentation page.
Here's the gist of it:
- If you intend to use our API methods for commercial use, you need prior written approval. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the ball rolling.
- Except where otherwise specified, Fandom's content is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0). It is your responsibility to understand and adhere to the license.
- Do not use our APIs in a manner that impacts the stability of Fandom's servers or impacts the behavior of other applications using our APIs.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion and at any time without notice to you, to change, suspend, or discontinue the APIs, or terminate your rights to access them.
- Our APIs are being provided free of charge, so Fandom will have no liability arising from or based on your access to and use of the APIs.
- Although you are free to make public statements regarding your use of the API, you may not imply that you and Fandom have some sort of special relationship (employer-employee, partnership, or joint venture) without Fandom's prior written consent.
- And last but not least, please don't use our APIs to violate any laws or regulations.
So go on, play nice, and of course, have fun! If you have any questions about Fandom's APIs, email us at email@example.com.